Sunday, July 20, 2008

Refreshing!





















Just plain fun!!! I had a great weekend! I had a fun break from wedding cakes, which are my passion. I had the privilege of making a wedding shower...a lingerie shower, cake for a lucky bride. It had all the makings of a great shower, good food, a awesome cake, and friends who wanted nothing but the best for her!

What made it fun for me, besides the great ladies I got to work with, was the color scheme and license to "have fun with it"! The brides colors are yellow and shimmery dove gray, how refreshing! The invitations were beautiful and I used them as my inspiration. The more I did that more ideas raced in my head. The end product? Fun, fun fun!

Thanks ladies for the joy of making this cake for you! To the lovely bride...my best wishes for a beautiful wedding and blessed marriage.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Susan and Stewart Powers said...

Beautiful cake! Everything you make is so darn amazing!


~Joann

Tali ~ Solutions Bridal said...

I love that cake! Thank you for bringing the truffle cake in. We all ate it up although it was hard to destroy such a pretty cake! We also bought you a new carrying container. Sorry about that one!

Best,

Tali Gallo
Salon Manger
Solutions Bridal

Anonymous said...

I doubt you remember me, but I was one of the girls at Melissa's seminar a few weeks ago. Anyway, I've been doing a bit of blog-stalking and I just had to say that this is gorgeous (everything I have seen that you have done is!), but I'm especially impressed at your ability to imitate the invitation -- I love it! Simply stunning and so much fun!