Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Beautiful Options


I have had an idea for a few years...one that I thought was a great...some colleagues and friends laughed. So, I just left it alone to sit in the back of my mind until, until, yesterday!


A representative from The Knot shared that very idea on Rachel Ray's show. The shaky economy and need to save anyway we can, including weddings, has brought my idea to the forefront. And that idea is renting beautiful faux, wedding cakes.


There are a couple of companies that do this, they are out of state and would require shipping both ways...KB's Kake Kreations is here in Gainesville so shipping cost, packaging, a trip to the couriers, worry about breakage or a cake lost in transit is not an issue.


A great deal of money would be saved and no beauty compromised. So I have begun to prefect the logistics of it all and would like to make that an option to my brides.


So when you are considering your wedding cake and the one you want is not in your budget...think again. With this new option, the sky is the limit. Dream on...sweet delectable dreams.

2 comments:

Melissa DiStefano said...

I think this is a great idea!!

Do you think we can do it so that you can still have the cake cutting???

Sign me up!!

(PS I love the pictures on the blog!!!)

Susan and Stewart Powers said...

This cake is gorgeous! Your cakes are so tastey and beautiful to look at too! I wouldn't be surprised if more of your cakes were featured on the knot! Let us know if we can help!


Joann
Powers Photography