Monday, October 20, 2008

BIRTHDAY CAKE

This is what it's all about!!!!





That face says it all! Last Monday was our granddaughter's 7th birthday! Layla is my "angel girl". Layla has always had an interest in the cake business...She says she is my "junior assistant" and will take over the business when I "get old". She makes some pretty impressive play dough roses!!!






She has certainly challenged me with her cake designs through the years...we have done Owl's tree house with Winnie the Pooh and friends, Cinderella's carriage and a Hawaiian Island complete with a volcano. This year she is all about horses!






So I gave her a variety. Stacia the Mustang, Cross the big Warm Blood, Nevada the Quarter Horse, Cory the Palomino, River the Paint, and Sheik the Arabian.






It was a great party and the adults as well as the kids had a blast!!! Thank you Layla for all the joy you continue to give me. I hope this year is filled with wonder, joy and great surprises!!! I am so blessed to be your grandmommy!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Erika said...

I am so lucky to have you as my mom. My family is so privileged to be able to have you do our birthday cakes. I am so spoiled! It is so nice to have my children's dreams come true each and every year. You are a big part of this! I love you.