Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why We Have Been Out of Touch

John and Jason last year
So, the plan for July was to catch you all up on Fundrasiers, Special Birthday Cakes and of course Weddings we have done. Like I said that was the plan. And when we have a plan we stick to it, that is unless something happens to turn your whole world upside down.


July was supposed to be a fun filled month with Flip Flop and Transformer Birthday cakes, fundraisers to benefit our local community etc. We still did all those things, but it was not how it was supposed to be.

On July 4 I celebrated my birthday with friends and family and my "Flip Flop Beach Birthday cake. It was great fun with fireworks included. My mom even made the flip flops on the cake identical to my Tommy Hilfigers I wear on my feet everyday. Fun was had by all!


Then on July 6 just two days later I received a phone call that no one ever wants to receive. I remember I was at Wal Mart in the return line when my cell phone rang and It was my father-in-law's wife on the other end. I could barely make out her words, but she told me that my father-in-law John, who had just been to my house for our party two days before had died from a massive heart attack.

Talk about shock! No one knew he had heart problems, he wasn't even sick. How was I going to tell Jason his Dad was gone? How was I going to tell my beautiful babies their Grandpa John was not coming back? Needless to say the rest of the month was a blur and family took priority over blogging.


I want to thank those of you who sent cards, flowers and helped with arrangements. It really meant a lot. I know we work together at events but it is nice to know people care when you really need them! So, thank you to everybody and now it is August, and life is kind of getting back to normal for me. I promise the blogs will start coming and hopefully no more tragedies will be in our near future.

No comments: