Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Lon!



My Dad had one brother, Lon. Now you would have to travel the globe to find a more "unique" individual. He prefers perfection over affection, honesty over niceties, tough as nails, no frills, yet enjoys a conversation with a child. He can tell you everything you need to know about fishing, hunting, and outdoors, yet relishes a good book or a play. So when his 80th birthday was approaching I had to find a way to celebrate with him. He lives in Chicago, and has a great place in the woods of Wisconsin, so...we meet in Nashville.



What do I give the man who is in need of nothing?...a cake of course!! And what better cake for my Uncle Lon than a fish!



He was pleased, I was thrilled.



May this year be a year filled with blue skies and stocked ponds!

4 comments:

Krystal Radlinski, at the K Gallery said...

That is AWESOME... you are just so talented!

GEB said...

Cool cake!

Lon O. Yeary said...

Kathy,

My mother must have told me at least 1000 times that "Fools names and fools faces always appear in public places." So I came home from a week in Wisconsin and what do I see? There I am hanging from the top of the flagpole in plain sight of everyone. I had to read it three times before I realized it was me you were talking about. Since I am a kind hearted slob and everyone takes advantage of me I can only grin and bear it. However, I do thank you for all the food, fun and fellowship which you have provided me since the demise of my brother.

May that Great Bulldog in the sky watch over and protect you throughout eternity.

Cornie Belle said...

This cake was not only a work of art; it tasted good,too! You are a very creative person.