Monday, February 23, 2009

Treasured Memories



A few months ago I received an e-mail that my friend's mother had passed away. The e-mail stated that due to the family being scattered all over the globe that there would be a memorial in Orlando, Florida in February.





I had not seen my friend in many years. We had gone to High School and College together and he was the one who introduced me to my dear husband. What a flood of memories. My dad was the principal of our school and I worked at a broom shop, with Jeff, for his dad, and his mom ran the cafeteria. We lived on a lake and Jeff and I had shared some fun times water skiing and of course, eating! His wife Taryl had been a brides maid in our wedding. I don't think I had seen Taryl since our wedding, almost 36 years ago!!!!





So when Jeff called from California and shared how his mother had taken a cake decorating class and was very proud of the many wedding cakes that she had made,and explained that he was putting together a "memorial" table to honor her and he wanted me to make a simple three tier white wedding cake with daffodils and yellow ribbon...I was honored.





I had never dreamed that a wedding cake would be used to honor a life at a funeral. But it did! And I was so humbled to have been chosen to make it. Jeff was very pleased and a lot more precious memories were added that day, to the precious ones that I had tucked away for all those years.

No comments: